Brabham LadyKat Volleyball Tryout Requirements
August 16 & 17, 2018
1. MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL: You must have a completed and cleared 2017-2018 athletic physical to tryout.
If you DO NOT have or DO NOT come with one to tryouts you will have to call someone to come
pick you up immediately.
2. BE ON TIME: We will start in Gym 1 on time each day.
•You need to be here and dressed in athletic clothes by 5:50 a.m. to check in.
We will promptly start tryouts at 6:00 a.m...If you are in 1st period athletics, we will try out into the period.
If you are not, you will tryout until 7:10 a.m. then change into your school clothing for your 1st period class.
3. PROPER ATTIRE: You must wear athletic clothing
•You CAN wear:
◦short sleeve shirt
◦athletic shorts that are school appropriate length
◦hair has to pulled back and put up
•You CAN NOT wear:
◦volleyball spandex shorts
◦ running shorts
◦ jewelry of any kind (it is against U.I.L. Rules to wear jewelry )
◦ hair down
4. VOLLEYBALL SKILLS THAT WILL BE TESTED:
• Pass to target- number of good passes to target.
• Set to target-number of good sets to target.
• Serve- number of good overhand serves over the net.
• Game Play- coaches observe individual skills and court awareness of players during game play.
• Additional information to note: volleyball skill testing is not limited to this list.
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU AT TRYOUTS!!!